Spotter network client not working in windows 10

Discussion in 'General' started by Blue Illusion, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Blue Illusion

Blue Illusion New Member

Spotter network client not working in windows 10 after installing client you should be able to go into the settings in windows 10 and turn on or off your location for the client. Client shows GPS off always and no way to turn it on. Have to manually enter your location. Need update to make your software work with windows 10.

2. Blue Illusion

Blue Illusion New Member

I have downloaded GPS tracking software to manually enter location into client but would be nice to actually have client work.

3. RyanHickman

RyanHickman Member Board Administrator Spotter Network Board

If you have an actual GPS device, the Spotter Network Windows Client works just fine. We do not support the Windows 10 location feature. You must use a GPS device which can be bound to a COM port (Bluetooth, USB, etc.) and is NMEA compatible.

4. Jerold Ibberson

Jerold Ibberson New Member

I have Garmin Glo. It connects to my computer and works with my Streets and trips program. It seems to connect with my spotter network app but does not show coordinates or show data updates. Is the Garmin Glo compatible with spotter network?
    My old Pharos GPS-360 either went bad or is no longer supported by windows 10. I thought a Garmin Glo would work, not sure what options I should use for location.

5. John Wetter

John Wetter President, SpotterNetwork Spotter Network Board

We accept NMEA GPS data. It does not appear that this GPS unit makes NMEA data. You may want to consider and test Franson GPSGate to make the Garmin data into NMEA formatted data.

6. Jerold Ibberson

Jerold Ibberson New Member

Thank you, I will check that out. Do you have any idea what gps units other people are using with Win 10 laptops? I know I can track through my smartphone with radarscope, but that is slow and fails to update like the laptop spotter network app does.

7. John Wetter

John Wetter President, SpotterNetwork Spotter Network Board

I think the Globalsat BU-353 is still the most popular GPS. You need to download the latest Windows 10 driver from their website though, most of the CD's that come with them have an old driver.