S.N 3.1.4 Not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Spencerssa, May 18, 2016.

1. Spencerssa

Spencerssa New Member

Running on windows 7, just did the update and the entire program will not work, states i am not connected to the internet and in the error log it give me this;
    Error Number: 53 File not found in Form_Load
    upload_2016-5-17_22-25-21.png
    Any ideas on what is going on, i have added sn to my firewall, so it has full access, and im just not having any luck.

2. John Wetter

John Wetter President, SpotterNetwork Spotter Network Board

We've had about 4 or 5 reports of this but we have not been able to reproduce it to try and fix it. Are you trying to connect to a GPS? If not, be sure it is set to manual. We've seen where the client isn't seeing GPS data and it causes the layout to get funky. Other than that, we've unfortunately not been able to pin down what is happening.

3. Jerold Ibberson

Jerold Ibberson New Member

I seem to be having a similar problem. The data sent just shows a small empty rectangle, no data? My gps is showing a location. I wish I could go back to my old version. That seems to work fine on my other laptop, but I don't use that for spotting.

4. Spencerssa

Spencerssa New Member

yes i am using a gps, it worked just fine until i updated. can you guys post or revert back to the old sn till this problem is fixed?

5. Spencerssa

Spencerssa New Member

Fixed the problem! close the program go to C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\SpotterNetwork\settings.txt and Take out spaces after your userid for ex "122345643 " is now "122345643" save and close the program. reopen the program and presto it works !

6. John Wetter

7. Jerry Koller

Jerry Koller New Member

I tried Spencerssa's fix, and it didn't work. Still not updating. Went back to old version and works just fine.

8. Jerold Ibberson

My Lenova yoga 2s does not show that C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\SpotterNetwork\settings.txt as an option.
    When I was having gps problems I updated to 3.1.4 and now if I delete it, and reload 3.0.9 It always comes back as 3.1.4. I can't seem to get it out of its system.
    Not sure what to do to get this to work anymore.

9. John Wetter

Do you have the 3.0.9 installer somewhere on your computer? The 3.1.4 installer is the only one we make available and will be the only supported version going forward. The installer does indeed remove it and there aren't many files installed so it likely is removing them. Did you run the installer as administrator? If not, right click on the installer and select 'run as administrator'.

10. Jerold Ibberson

Success at last. You may not like my solution, but it is working.
    I went into program files and deleted the spotternetwork 3.1.4 files. I pulled a copy of 3.0.9 from an older laptop that was working good and installed it in my Lenovo. Now I was back to no gps reception so I reinstalled the on-line drivers for my Globalsat BU-353 and it all worked.
    I know I could have used Radarscope on my ipad air2, but it seems like a step backwards after you have used Grlevel3. It is always nice to have options.

11. Jerold Ibberson

well, it lasted about a half hour and the it quit transmitting data. I moved my gps to my old laptop and it works fine. Must be something with my drivers.
    My old laptop is using the drivers supplied on the mini cd from global sat. My Lenovo does not have a cd drive so I downloaded the latest driver package from the website.